The Board having obtained a comprehensive plan for the construction of a modern school for the kids in our school in Buchanan City, the focus here now is how to raise the funds for the commencement of the construction.
At this juncture, it is important to make three important points clear.
First, it is important to indicate that although the total cost for the building is US$122,606.15 (One Hundred Twenty-Two Thousand, Six Hundred Six United States Dollars and Fifteen Cents), we do not wish to collect or raise the entire amount before starting the construction.
The construction is organized in twelve (12) major stages, as per the completed plan, and they are as follows:
- Pre-construction setup – $2, 172.50
- Foundation – $20,304.96
- Rough floor casting – $5,132.25
- Ground floor elevation & plastering – $11,911.31
- 1st floor reinforcement concrete slob and staircase – $18,280.31
- 1st floor elevation and plastering – $11,114.65
- 2nd floor reinforcement concrete and staircase – $4,280.20
- 2nd floor elevation & plastering — $3,819.58
- Roofing – $7, 826.39
- Windows and doors – $16,693.60
- Plumbing & electrical works – $10,452.33
- Painting & tile works – $10,692.84
Based on this, our plan is to carry out the construction in stages, as per the plan’s designated stages and assigned costs. Hence, we will not wait to raise the entire amount before commencing the construction.
Second, anyone wishing to donate or contribute funds towards the school construction from abroad should kindly do so through the school’s International Contact persons in Sweden, Mrs. Lena Thorne Marner and her husband, Anders Marner. They will be the sole custodians of the Funds abroad.
Finally, plans are under way for the setting up of a special bank account specifically meant for the school construction. It shall be called “HLF School Construction Funds.”
Once again, thanks to every one of you for your continuous interest in the school in Buchanan and your desire to help the kids. We appreciate every bit of effort on your part to give the kids a good future.